Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving-ness

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, 6 of us (Tom and Leah, Jessie and I, Sammy, Molly) met up in San Juan for a belated-Thanksgiving celebration. It was decidedly un-Thanksgiving like. This is the first time Jessie and I have celebrated somewhere where it wasn't cold and truly Fall. It was still awesome, though.

We stayed at a cool little hotel that was more someone's really nice house converted. The grounds also had outdoor huts that we would stay at sometime in the future. The coolest thing, though, was that the owner allowed us to cook our own dinner there. We went to the market and bought a couple of already dead chickens, vegetables and drinks...headed back to the hotel and cooked, talked and drank. It was perfect.

I have pictures somewhere...I will try to post in the future.

On Sunday, I tried surfing again. Man is it hard! Maybe someday I will get good at it.

Okay, that's all I have the energy for.

Pis.

No comments: