Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week 5

09/20/09 - 09/27/09

All is well here.

Week 5 kind of blew, though. I lost my wallet and was dumb enough to have my new Peace Corp issued atm card with the pin number in it. I am normally not a moron like that, but I had just gotten it and thought I would be hitting an atm soon to change the pin number to something memorized. So, whoever found my wallet also found an atm and cleaned out my account. Fortunately, it wasn't tied to my U.S. accounts. Just the money that Peace Corps gives us was lost. Still, it was really upsetting.

Then, on Wednesday (10/23/09), I had a day-long flu. It came and went quick...body aches, digestive problems, fatigue. Then Thursday, I woke up and felt just fine. Weird.

Things got much better on Friday. A bunch of Peace Corps Trainees from the various clusters in my area met up and went to a resort to have a few drinks by the beach. It is really nice to be able to connect with other trainees on a semi-regular basis. It is a good way to decompress from the week.

Sunday (09/27/09) may have been my best day since arriving here. My host dad's family owns land with a fishing pond (like a mini fishery) not too far from us. He coordinated with all the host parents and set up a day for the volunteers to fish. They made us all fishing poles for us, cleaned and prepared the fish we caught, and made other food for us. We had tons of neighborhood kids hanging around us, playing and practicing their English. I am really not doing the event justice with this description. It was awesome though. I posted pictures on Facebook. Check them out.

Okay, I am being lazy about writing, so that is all.

We find out our permanent site this Sunday (10/04/09). Can't wait!

Pis Out

No comments: